Is your life more or less hectic than last year?
As the years go by one would expect that baby boomers would be saying less and less that life is stressful, hectic and overwhelming. Yet a lot of boomers are finding it to be the opposite. But why?
Mostly it is because they've not taken the time to check in and notice how they are spending their time as opposed to how they want to spend the rest of your life.
As we all know, it's hard enough trying to figure out what we want. Yet, if we don't know what we really want, it is impossible to figure out what to change to get the life we really do want. Once again, that old adage comes into play: If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.
But who has time to figure out all this stuff?
I remember back when my boomer life was overwhelming. I was 49 years old at that time and it looked something like this.
- Getting divorced.
- Working on rebuilding my relationship with my kids.
- Losing my long-time friends due to divorce.
- Parenting my parents due to their failing health.
- Spending a lot of time managing my parent's life.
- Left a career to run my dad's business. He was no longer able.
- Very over weight from using food to fill my emptiness.
- Not taking responsibility for my life, my happiness or my relationships.
All of this kept adding up until I got to the point where I couldn't sleep at night. It was then I knew I didn't want to spend the second half of my life living the way I was.
It is the vision and pain of that time that keeps me on track to be true to myself, my values and my life.
If you know you want more happiness, joy and better relationships, now is the perfect time to do something about it. I challenge you to stop filling your time with more and more things that take you away from living the life you really want.
Here are some tips to get you started...
- Take full responsibility for your life, your relationships and your happiness.
- Start making a little time for yourself on a daily basis. If YOU don't, no one will.
- Be aware of what's really going on currently in your life. Be in touch with your feelings. Yes, men can do this too. I did!
- Notice where you are over-compromising yourself and your values.
- Notice what elephants you're sweeping under the rug. Just what are you holding inside of you that needs to come out?
- Change your mindset from "I'm too old and it's too late" "I don't deserve to be happy" to one of "Enough is enough I deserve to be happy." Accept that while you don't know what to do, or how to get there, that the answers are out there somewhere and you are going to find them.
Lasting change starts from within. When you change on the inside, your outer world will change too.
Of course, that's just the start. There are many more questions. If you would like to hear more, or if you have questions of your own, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LifeCoachCurt
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE?
Please do! Just be sure to include this following information with it:
Curt Gorlick, The Life Choice Strategist, founder of Frustration2Fulfillment.com. Break The Barriers To Happiness: The 10 Proven Strategies to the Life & Relationships You Want is exactly what took Curt from living the life from hell to now living the life he loves. Curt has been in your shoes and he knows if he can do it, you can too. To get your F.R.E.E Tips From Break The Barriers To Happiness, visit http://frustration2fulfillment.com